Friday, July 16, 2010

Yes Day




Read here to begin this post.


To get out of our "automatic no response" with our children we needed to do something drastic. Something that would get us out of the rut and really let kids be kids.


Our solution was to have a “Yes Day”! Why not? Summer was flying by in a blink and as much free downtime I try to give the kids, I still felt like they were at the mercy of our schedule on the weekends. Megan, Lucy and Max are great about not complaining about their plans often being made for them, but I wanted to do this for them and I was awfully curious on what would would develop.


Yes, having a Yes Day would be perfect! The date is set for tomorrow, a Saturday! The kids know its happening, but a few guidelines will need to be set, just to ensure the expectations for all.


*Parents will say “yes” for every request within reason.

*Requests couldn’t cost additional money (we told them to save that for Daughter Date Day)

*Everyone needs to be safe.


That's it for the guidelines. I have no idea what will happen. Will they be eating ice cream for breakfast? Slumber partying in the living room? I don't know and I love it! I'm not giving them a single idea, the day is theirs.


Here's what happened!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog