Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Over, Done and Putting it to Rest



The Hy-Vee Triathlon is over, done with and am putting it to rest...soon. I have had several people ask me my thoughts on this event and was encouraged to record them.

Nobody does this event like Hy-Vee. I know it takes a year of planning and the set-up at Raccoon River Park is amazing. This park is practically in our backyard so we visit it a lot. In the month leading up to to the triathlon, it is completely transformed; practically unrecognizable. Everything from the massive grandstands to the array of white tents and blue carpet and fencing that appears to go on forever.

I try to get down there several times over the weeks as they are setting up. It helps me get used to the changes, but matter how many times I do that, it still makes my heart beat faster as I make my left hand turn into the park. It just looks so different.


click here to continue reading.

No comments: