Saturday, June 19, 2010

Time to Celebrate!

This post is a continuation. Click here to read from the start.

But first, a hot shower!

Then Gateway Market for brunch! Its our tradition to go there after races. We had planned a late lunch or dinner, but since I had finished so much earlier then planned, why not try out their breakfast?! Mmmm...breakfast burritos, french toast, hot coffee! It was a perfect choice!



After our stomachs were filled, it was still raining so we headed home to read the Sunday paper, relax and watch a movie. It was only 10 AM, but felt like 5 PM. After awhile it cleared off to a beautiful day so we headed to the Picket Fence Creamery where daily they make their own ice cream. We got brownie sundaes there and a quart of strawberry to go. Its made with their homegrown strawberries. Yum! Did I mention another favorite part of races? I bascially just eat my way through the day without thought.

I still had so much energy (the race had been shortened after all!) so I took Megan and Lucy back to the Hy-Vee Triathlon to watch the elites from all over the world compete for $200,000. It was so much fun and very exciting! Can you imagine doing that for a living?

To cap off a very long, eventful and fun day. That night I went to a tri party with others I had trained with for the past several months.

Its over. Done. Put to rest! Hello Summer!

No comments: