Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hy-Vee Olympic Triathlon #2

Tomorrow is the day! I completed this goal in 2009 and am off to do it again. What has changed this time around? Training has been a lot easier this year. Not easier in numbers of miles and time put in, but easier because I didn't have as much to learn this year.

Last year was all about learning to swim efficiently. After that came learning to swim in open water (which was a big worry for me the previous year). Last year was also the first time really riding a road bike. There is a lot that goes with that in terms of being out on the open road as opposed to riding trails and getting used to changing gears effectively.

Bluff Creek Triathlon May 23, 2010
first in age group/6th overall


Not only getting that down, but all the other ins, outs and lingo of tri stuff. Experiencing brick workouts, wetsuits and all of the gear needed with this sport including pool buoys, lights on my bike, bike fittings...the costs were definitely higher last year.

Less to learn this year, but with that comes more expectations. I wanted to be a faster swimmer. Better biker. I am proud to say that I didn't stress myself out over it. Everyone wants to improve, its just a healthy part of human nature. I wish I could say I there were specific goals, but in general I just biked and swam more and didn't spend as much time on my run.

I did the sprint triathlon a few weeks ago at Bluff Creek. It felt incredible! Now for this Olympic distance tomorrow and then summer is here!

click here to read more.

No comments: