Monday, June 28, 2010

Sneaky Smoothies

I love smoothies in the summer and eat them practically daily. I also love making them for my kids. I love how I can disguise so many things into a smoothie and they have no idea the variety of fruits, yogurt, dry milk and even flax seeds they are consuming.

Here is the "Green Monster" courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats.

<span class=

I changed up the recipe a bit so it was ingredients we had on hand.

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1 Tablespoon almond butter
  • 1Tablespoon flax seeds
  • 2 big handfuls baby spinach
  • 6-10 ice cubes
Put all ingredients in the blender until smooth.

Hee hee...I can sometimes be a wise mom and made this smoothie while the kids were downstairs playing. I knew if they saw some of the ingredients (ahem...spinach) they would be awfully hesitant.

Instead, I created it and called them upstairs for a Harry Potter treat. I then insisted they come up with a name for it. They christianed it "The Green Gorp". Hey...whatever it takes to get them to drink it, right?!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the sneaky spinach smoothie - and I love the name even more. Cute!!