Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Best Part of Racing


this post is a continuation. Click here to begin.

There are a couple of reasons why I race and do events. First, I love having a goal and something to work toward. It helps streamline and structure my workouts and definitely provides the motivation for getting up early.



Secondly, I love love love the feeling when they are over! Its the feeling of accomplishment and pride that is addicting. It doesn't matter the distance or the event, I love that "crossing the finish line" feeling. My family is right there with me on this and after the Hy-Vee Triathlon, the rain did not stop us from having a fun filled day!




Heading home from the race with the kids, "Big Brother Bikey" as they call him and their brand new yellow Hy-Vee shirts (as the race officials thought) "they looked cold."

They weren't cold! Kids love rain, they got to ride around in a golf cart at the race with a volunteer and they got new shirts! Their smiles were enormous when I finally saw them. Life doesn't get any better!

click here to continue reading.

No comments: