Thursday, July 8, 2010

How to Get More Energy!


Ever wonder why at times throughout the day you feel like you could accomplish anything, but at others you can barely find the motivation to find your shoes? I am a morning person tried and true and often times I have crossed many items off the ol "to do" list before my kids are even up at 8.

Afternoons are definitely a bit more unstructured and it can be difficult to keep focus. I am trying to do better with that and have been following my motto of "tackle the bear" (meaning do what you don't really want to do first). I love how Gretchen Rubin, author of Happiness Project, refers to this as "putting herself in jail." Once she is done with that nagging task, she is free to move on to more pleasant matters.

Turns out there is a whole science behind this! Understanding they rhythms of your body clock can help in maximizing your days.

No comments: