Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 1 of Master Cleanse Detox

click here for Master Cleanse Detox Diary Introduction


Day 1 of Master Cleanse


I am detoxing! I am detoxing! I am so excited about starting this! Its not that I think my body is overly toxic, but I just want to break my food obsession. I am tired of being so fixated on what I’m eating, meal planning and when I am going grocery shopping. There are so many other things I want to do with my life and am hoping to gain much more clarity and be more appreciative.


I took the kids last night to Hy-vee to gather up supplies. I am so happy that Dave is doing this with me, but want him to be an informed participant. He kind of jumped on board at the 11th hour without doing without reading the book or doing any research. He says the less he knows the better, and I can see his point on that. For me though, the knowledge of what I am doing and why will help get me through the tough times. I do think Dave is a great candidate to go through a detox period. The salt water flush really affected him this AM and he felt a little light headed from the detox tea last night. It is going to be so interesting to listen to his responses on this and am excited to see a great change!


We had a busy day with VBS at our church and meetings in the afternoon. Hopefully being busy will keep my mind off of it. I am worried about losing muscle mass so will have to look online about that today. Most importantly I need to give my liver, stomach and overall body a break from this constant toll I put on it. I just randomly put food in my mouth. Its not like I think I am immune from gaining weight, but more I just don’t even think or care. That thought process needs to go.


Overall Day 1 was definitely easier then I thought it would be. I had a couple of instances with stomach cramping, but that went away as I drank more water. Then for the rest of the afternoon/evening Dave had a tougher time and had headaches (from caffeine withdrawal) and a few other experiences, that he would not be pleased with me sharing online. I feel almost a little bloated tonite, which is surprising because I haven't had solid food. Salt, perhaps?


I really believe I had more energy though! We didn’t get home from WDM “family fun night” by the until after 8. We walked, canoed and played baseball with Max. Maybe the trick is just to be busy!


I am really proud of Dave. They had pizza for his team mtg tonight and he went into his office and shut the door. He doesn’t like the taste of the lemonade and I feel bad about that because it really doesn’t bother me.

9 days left. I really think I can do this. I like to think of all that I will accomplish since I won’t have to spend as much time agonizing over food and menu planning. I do feel bad about not sitting down with the kids today as they were eating, but it was just kind of a rushed busy day anyway. I am hoping Dave feels better tomorrow and I feel more of a detox occurring….Oh I really hope I don’t regret saying that!

No comments: