Thursday, August 12, 2010

Daughter Date Day


With a busy family of 5, it is hard to find a minute to yourself, let alone quality one on one time with each child. This is something I am continuing trying to work on. We have fun together, but usually its all of us together or separation with the girls and Max. With summer drawing to a close, I wanted each of the kids to pick a special activity that we did just the two of us.

As anticipated, Megan chose getting her first pedicure. Other girls in her class have been doing this for years with their moms, but I have held off for a couple of reasons.

#1 I am not a frequent pedicure getter. I love how they look, but don't ever see it as part of a monthly event. I am more of "getting ready for vacation" pedicure person.

#2 I don't think I had my first pedicure until right before my wedding. That seems kind of crazy now, but being from a small town--it just wasn't something we did.

Its what Megan wanted and with my Jamaica vacation right on the corner, I jumped on board with it.

We had a ball! Megan was too small for the massage chair so when it was turned on it kept bopping her in the head! It was too funny!Megan picked a fun turquoise color and got little white daisies painted on them. She got her nails done to match and was the smiliest girl in West Des Moines that day.

No comments: