Monday, August 23, 2010

The Urge is Back


It took two months off, but I am now feeling the desire to jump back in the saddle and begin training again. After the Hy-Vee Triathlon in June, I was ready for a break. There were a lot of components tied to that.

1. My body needed a break after following such a training schedule for five months.

2. The kids were home for the summer and I wanted to be able to run around with them and stay up late with smores and fireflies.

3. The teacher mentality in me just knows summer is more unstructured. I didn't want to have to set an alarm to get my work outs in. This didn't prevent me from still waking up at 5:30/6, but the point was, what if I did sleep in?! I wanted to be prepared!

4. By June was ready to take a break from swimming, biking and running. I had fun going to some fun classes at the gym and doing a bit more yoga, of course!

I indulged, I had my fill and I had my fun! What's next? Let me take some time to explore all of the possibilities and make some decisions. For the first time in two months, I want to do it and that feels good!

No comments: