Friday, August 20, 2010

Fall Back into Routine


Does the upcoming Fall weather make you crave getting back into a routine again? If you would have asked me one week ago, if I was ready for back to school for the kids and myself, it would have been a flat out no. I love summer. I love having the kids home and being on a different sort of time table. We had our Big Summer To Do and we were happy.

This week was a bit different at our house. I purposefully left it wide open. Wide Open to Possibilities. I didn't want to plan, schedule or really have to be anywhere at a certain time. A highlight was one day where we decided we were going to the beach. The kids spent hours building sand castles and playing in the water. I had packed snacks and they ate when they wanted to and basically had free reign over their time.

The week was just what we needed. Enough unstructured time for impromptu fun and creativity but enough openness to make us all crave a little routine. Routine is just four days away with the start of school...

No comments: