Monday, October 20, 2008

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes

You all know how much I love my homemade frappucinos.
I came across recipe the other night that has homemade pumpkin spice lattes in the crock pot! I absolutely love pumpkin this time of year (especially Libby's 100% pure pumpkin) What a fun idea! I am wondering if it will work over stove top. I will let you know! Here it is from a year of crockpotting:

Skip the coffee house today and make pumpkin spice lattes at home.


The Ingredients.
adapted from Taste of Home's Halloween 2008 edition

--2 cups milk (I used 1%)
--2 T canned pumpkin
--2 T white sugar
--2 T vanilla (not a typo. it asks for tablespoons)
--1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger
--1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee

--garnish with whipped cream (optional)

The Directions.

This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe accordingly. I used a 4-quart crockpot, but as small as a 1.5 quart will work with these amounts.

Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crockpot. Whisk in the spices, sugar, and vanilla.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.

Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon. I added a cinnamon stick to be fancy.

No comments: