Sunday, October 12, 2008

Its Almost TIme...



for the Des Moines IMT Marathon and Half Marathon on October 19th. As I write this, the Chicago Marathon is finishing up right now. I have a couple of friends that ran that and all I could think of this morning was that I was glad it wasn't me. ;-) It was muggy and warm this morning as I went for a 10 mile run and I was so happy I wasn't doing 16 more miles! Running a marathon is a lot of wear and tear on your body and the constant repetition can't be good.

As I was listening to my friend's aches and pains in the weeks leading up to the Chicago Marathon, it reaffirmed my thoughts of not being in any hurry to try another one. It is a wonderful accomplishment and I am glad to have that experience at Grandma's Marathon, but the Des Moines Half will be enough for me this time around.

It should be a good race. After good results in Capital Pursuit and staying injury free, I am ready to hang up my racing running shoes for awhile after this one. Its good to give your body a break and am anxious to return to my fun aerobics classes.

Well...I guess there is the Living History Farms off Roads Race in November, but that one is just really fun!

No comments: