Friday, October 31, 2008

Candy Infused?


Last night was Beggar's Night in West Des Moines. It was an ideal weather night and the trick or treaters were out in full force. Wondering what to do with all of the excess candy? I have zero willpower around sweets and if I know they are there, its a lost cause for me. Here is my candy plan this year:

* Freeze Candy: This works especially well for Snickers bars. There is nothing like a chilled snickers in the summer time. Of course, the problem is...having them last until then (they never do at our house, but it does slow down the consumption a bit).

* The Candy Fairy made an appearance at our house last night. I let them choose if they wanted to participate or not as I never did it when I was growing up. The girls were on board immediately and picked out ten favorite pieces to keep (I even let them keep it in their rooms which is unheard of at our house, but thought it would help with ownership :-). They left the remaining candy on the front step with our porch lights on to let the Candy Fairy that we meant business. The Candy Fairy took all the candy to his office today and left a present that all three kids can enjoy.

* EP True Dental in West Des Moines will pay you a $1 for each pound of candy taken in. They in turn are shipping the candy overseas for the soldiers. What a great idea! This is especially great for those older kids that I saw with overflowing pillow cases last night trick or treating...Thanks, Joe, for this idea.

Any other candy ridding ideas out there besides gorging on all of it...at least its out of sight out of mind then...:-)

2 comments:

Coachhrd said...

Thanks, Sara -- GREAT ideas. I love the candy fairy concept and who doesn't love a frozen Snickers on a hot, muggy day in July or August? What a treat!

alinia 500 mg said...

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind.