Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Crock Pots are Cool!

Its getting to be that time of year! Crock pot season! Gone are the days of only-a-grandma-uses- one stereotype. Crockpots are cool! We have our usual favorites we always cook (roasts and chili are by far the most common). I have made a little early resolution that I will use mine more and try a variety of recipes. I mentioned I have the Fix it and Forget it Lightly cookbook which I love, but the truth is...I am online far more then I am rummaging around in my cookbook cupboard.

Finding a recipe online is so easy and convenient! Did you know that there is someone who has vowed to use her crockpot every single day of the year? She includes recipes, pictures of the finished product, and readers can comment and add their variations. What a fun idea. Check it out here. Please let me know if you have a crockpot favorite. I love the convenience of piling everything in the cooker on my own timetable and having dinner ready to go whenever we are!

No comments: