Friday, October 10, 2008

Read Aloud to your Kids!

One of the most important things you can do with your children is to read aloud to them. Reading aloud helps children learn the flow and rhythm of the English language. Strong vocabulary is built as children are exposed to new and different words. With chapter books, it allows your child to think creatively as they imagine the scenes and characters from the story. I love reading aloud to my three children and it is something we all look forward to before their bedtime.

We have a zillion picture books at our house from my teaching kindergarten days and the fact that I would rather buy books than toys. I decided it was time to step it up a bit from our picture books and we headed to the library to find a series to begin. There were so many wonderful choices, but here have been our favorites so far.

No comments: