Thursday, October 2, 2008

Worthy Des Moines Family Websites

Des Moines Families is a site that is really growing and beginning to offer a lot. What I like is that its independently done by local gal, Kelly Moore. I can't imagine the amount of time she spends working on the site, but she has done a really nice job. The few interactions I have had with her have been very personable. She appears to be a mom like me and sees the value of exposing kids to different experiences and situations. Everyone loves a good deal too and she has posted specials on Walking with the Dinosaurs and the Gymnastics Superstars Event.

The Des Moines Register has updated their website and titled it "moms like me". Its been launched for a little over a week now. I utilized their old one quite a bit, but already enjoy the feel, navigation and ease of this one. There is quite a variety of information available ranging from people promoting home based businesses, day care openings and child related questions and responses.

It doesn't seem to have quite the following and response as the old site yet. Maybe people don't know about it? Not enough time to poke around it? I signed up for their "deals and steals" notifications, but have found out more stuff on my own that I post on SaraSays. I am sure the site will pick up! It is worth it to take a look.

1 comment:

Kelly Moore said...

Whoo-hoo... thanks for the shout out!
Kelly Moore
DesMoinesFamilies.com