Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Timing May Not Be My Thing...Sugarless Update

As of Sunday (three days ago), I decided to try to go without sugar. It started out as a little experiment to see if the less I consumed, then the less I would desire. I soared victoriously through Day 1.

Day 2 began pretty well. In the afternoon I enjoyed a cup of sugar free hot chocolate with Lucy during her "hot-cocoa-reading-time-by-the-fireplace" invention. It wasn't too hard because we had mostly rid our house of desired candy (this includes Max's dum dum suckers which I had previously chomped on throughout the day).

Dave had his Internet Solver Christmas Party that night and thus trouble ensued. Dinner was wonderful. Too stuffed to order dessert, I thought I was in the clear. A couple of Dave's employees have the generous tradition of giving delicious baked goodies to everyone. Now instead of a sugar free house we now have five different kinds of fudge, cookies and almond bark pretzels (my favorite!).

Speaking of bad timing of sugar reduction. Today is my birthday. Lucy and Daddy made a birthday cake while I was teaching. Lucy is so proud of her chocolate frosted birthday cake. How can I refuse a piece of my daughter's cake?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

I almost caved and had pop with our pizza last night and again today when someone brought peanut brittle over. So far so good, but I'm still craving sugar.

I once went 6 months without a bite of sugar and the craving did eventually go away. I dont' want to go that long again....in case you are wondering. ;-)

Sara said...

You are doing great, Wendy! 6 months is really impressive!