Sunday, December 7, 2008

How Long Can I Go Without Sugar?

I have a big confession. I am addicted to sugar. I have come to terms with this over the years and have tried to consume it in moderation. It is not like I eat it from the canister by the spoonfuls, but rather it comes in the form of peanut butter cups, cookies, cake, candy corn, frosting, and Diet Coke. I think there is something that is triggered in my brain and when I feel a little stressed, excited, overwhelmed, tired or just happy then something in my brain signals and I want it right then.

The thing I have learned about sugar is the more you have then the more your body thinks it needs. This makes it seem like a drug addiction and I am definitely not comfortable with that. Here is the plan, I am going to give it up. Cold turkey. Right here and right now. How long can I make it? I am not one to believe in strict diets because life is short and I believe you got to enjoy life and good food. I don’t believe in food deprivation, but this little test is something that I am just interested in trying. Yes, it will be extremely difficult and given the time of year with the holidays will make it even more difficult. Let’s just see what happens!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Can I do it too?? :-)
I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

Sara said...

Yes, lets give it a try together! It would be motivational for me!

Wendy said...

Great! I'll start in the morning.