Saturday, December 20, 2008

My new thing I am crazy about...


my bread maker! I know they have been around for awhile now, but I just received mine for my birthday. About a year ago, I began to really dislike buying bread. It became very difficult to find a healthy whole wheat bread that the kids and my husband liked at a good price. If high fructose corn syrup wasn't listed in the top three ingredients then brown sugar was. Quality good tasting bread is definitely out there, but it comes at a price (and that guilty feeling if it is then wasted).

My bread maker came with a book of delicious recipes and I was so anxious to try them out. We we have been baking every other day (this is also due to our young entrepreneur and the creation of Lucy's Loaves). The machine is incredibly easy and Lucy has been pretty much taking over the preparation. Just dump in the ingredients, set the timer and anywhere from 1.5-5 hours later, the wonderful aroma of baking homemade bread fills the house.

I like having more control of what ingredients are going in and also love that there aren't any additives and preservatives that are added to store bought bread. Clean up is also a breeze as I just lift out the little pan and wash that. The only drawback I can think of is that I am now constantly eating bread. ;-) Anticipation builds as we smell it cooking and nothing beats a warm slice of homemade bread!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Sara! What kind of breadmaker did you get? I'm looking for a new one!

Sara said...

Hi Kim,
I did quite a bit of research before getting one since I have heard from so many people that get one, don't like it and then never use it.

I got it off amazon. Its a Panasonic SD-YD250. It even has an overnight feature so you can wake up to warm bread. Haven't mastered that yet. ;-)

Kim said...

Thanks, Sara!!