Thursday, December 11, 2008

Am I purposefuly torturing myself?!

Guess what we made? Sugar cookies! A gingerbread house! All loaded with frosting, M&M's, sprinkles...my usual favorites and downfalls. Why on earth would we make one of those things, let alone two sugary delicatessens? The goodies are for our visit to the senior center so knowing that helped me stay out of it, but I did have kind of an interesting revelation.

It wasn't near as difficult not nibbling this time around. This was day four without sugar and it was slightly easier. It could be because I have more of a mental block happening before I pop in a handful of M&M's or swipe some frosting. Before, I would just do it mindlessly and without even really noticing. Now I know when I resume my dessert eating, I will appreciate it more. Or am I just reading too much into all of this? After all, I was pretty full from all of the warm fresh bread that my birthday present (a bread maker!!!) produced. ;-)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I have to confess... I ate a few bites of ice cream last night. I picked up FREE Mini Frostys at Wendy's before my coupons expired. My goal was to bring them home, put them in the freezer for other family members. They filled the cups up over the top so that a lid wouldn't fit over the top. So I HAD to take a few spoonfulls off the top in order to put the lids on so that they would make it home without melting all over the car.
But I'm back on track. No sugar today. I'm even baking Christmas cookies for a gathering tonight. It's kind of freeing knowing that I have already determined that I am not even going to take a bite.