Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Countdown: One Week


As it is one week until Christmas, it seems as if the to-do list gets longer, the crowds at stores get bigger and people get a little panicked glean in their eye. Instead of taking in all of the Christmas sights and sounds we are busy rushing from one thing to another.

I have one week to do better.

Yes, unfortunately I still have shopping to finish up and I am not proud of that fact. This whole Christmas season has been somewhat of a blurry fast ride and I am even more not proud of that.

One week. Here is my plan. Continue to do our Advent book. That is one item, I have been consistent with. Go to a live nativity scene. View Christmas lights, have a baking day with the girls, do our annual Christmas video interview and have a birthday party for Baby Jesus (thanks, Shannon).

Lucy and Megan will continue to finish up their homemade Christmas gifts. They wanted to make all of their own gifts for family this year and started in July They have had the most creative and thoughtful gifts come out of their "Santa's Workshop." I have not had a hand in any of the ideas or creating.

Family members...

Do

Not

Read

On...

Baby Madison is getting a colorful mobile made out of a paper plate and dangling ribbons, Papa: a fishing pole fashioned out a empty wrapping paper tube, string and a paper clip, Baby Nia; a picture word book, Me (even though I am not supposed to know) a jewelry box to hold my diamond stud earrings since I devastatingly lost one of them this Fall, Max; Busy Boy drum made out of an oatmeal canister and jingle bells, Grandma; a cookbook made with drawings and directions, and Megan; a tooth holder (since Max accidentally swallowed one of hers) and for Daddy; something to hold his chips in so he can eat them while he is driving in the car. ;-)

Maybe the kids have the right idea. Take the time. Be thoughtful. Pay attention to the needs of others.

One week to do better.

No comments: