Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Triathlon or Not?

Should I give it a tri (!!!)? Sorry I couldn’t resist that pun and now that I think I have used it, I don’t think I will again. It wasn’t as funny and clever as I intended. :-)

Lately I have been having some thoughts about doing a triathlon next Spring. I know that next spring seems like a zillion years away, but if I am going to do something, I like to be prepared. Now the problem with me and thoughts is once I start having them, I can’t stop thinking about it until I am moved into action! It has been on the back (or front) of my mind the past week.

Why I Should:

  • I love variety in my workouts. Although I am a runner by heart, I have to keep things mixed up
  • I love to try and learn new things
  • I have some friends that have done them so would hopefully be helpful.
  • It would be a darn neat thing to accomplish!

Holding Me Back

  • Start up Cost: This is a biggie for me. Not only would I need a new bike, but also wetsuit, swimsuit, goggles, swim cap, new biking shoes…
  • I am not a strong swimmer
  • The thought of swimming in a lake does not appeal to me at all.
  • I don’t know how to change a flat
  • Training would be rigorous and more time consuming
  • The friends I have that do triathlons are pretty darn good at them.

I am on the fence as of now

No comments: