Thursday, September 4, 2008

My First Road Bike

Remember how I mentioned that once I get something in my head, I can’t get it out?! I thought this weekend, I would just take a little peek and see what kinds of bikes are out there for a possible triathlon. Well…then the rationalizing began. If I happened to indeed find a bike, then it would be wonderful to have all these Fall months to ride it and get used to it. Then in the winter, I could focus on strengthening my swimming. All in all, if I didn't end up doing a triathlon, I would have a nice bike for Ragbrai next summer. ;-)

I enlisted the help of triathlete friend, Jen, to come and take a look with me. She knows a lot of people in the bike biz . After a couple of stops we ended up at Rasmussen's Bike Shop and I found it! I’ll spare you the details, but it was after several test rides outside and a little soul searching. (Remember I wasn’t really planning to get one this weekend) J Anyway I felt like I got a good deal and felt comfortable with the employees there. That is important because I will have a lot of questions. I also love supporting a locally owned business since my husband has one of his own.

I will be the first to admit, I didn’t know the name of any road bikes prior to this weekend, but now I already feel more educated and enlightened about them. For those of you that do know and do care it’s a 2008 Specialized Dolce Elite which is made specifically for women and I love it!!!

No comments: