Friday, September 5, 2008

The Best Oatmeal Recipe

I am in a rut and I love it! I eat this oatmeal almost every morning. It is actually something that I think about while I am working out and can't wait to get home to eat it. I know it seems kind of overboard, but oatmeal is really the perfect breakfast food. This recipe has the carbs, the protein and the coveted chocolate and will stick with me for hours.

In microwaveable bowl combine:
1/2 c. slow cook oats
3/4 c. water (you could use milk instead for extra creaminess)
Microwave for 3 minutes and stir
Add:
1 scoop Protein Powder. (I use my favorite Protein Ultimate).

I also add 1 TBSP of golden flax seed (so good for you!) It also adds a little nuttiness and texture. Sometimes I add peanut butter to it. Just like a Peanut Butter Cup! Yum!

No comments: