Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Maiden Voyage

I couldn’t wait to take out my new road bike for a long ride the next morning. I was a little nervous for a couple of different reasons. It would be only my second time in clips. For those of you who don’t know, you can wear special shoes that clip into your bike. They can be a little intimidating if you aren’t used to them. After all your shoe is attached to your bike which can make stopping a little tricky.

What if a tire popped out in the country? I know I don’t go that fast, but I was going to be on the open road. I had a little pack on the back on my bike with necessary tire changing supplies. Did I know how to use it? No….but I wanted to learn! One thing at a time though!

I was up by 5:30 AM and ready to roll. It had been a restless night. I was so excited and it kind of felt like Christmas. J I peeked outside and it was way too dark to ride.

After puttering around for an hour, I was off on the open road. The sun was coming up and it was clear and cool as I headed out of town. I am already a nature lover and being outside and active was just icing on the cake. Sure, the new gears gave me a couple of issues, but I will get it figured out. It was fun and I can’t wait to ride again!

No comments: