Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Interesting Job

After Max was born in the summer of 2007, I took a year leave from teaching for the West Des Moines Schools. It was perfect timing with Megan beginning half-day kindergarten, Lucy starting preschool and Max being a newborn-There was a lot going on and I didn't want to miss out on a bit!

Being on leave from teaching did not mean I was home baking cookies everyday or having a made from scratch meal waiting on the table for my husbands 5:30 pm arrival. Those of you that are home with your kids now, know this is not a likely scenario for many of us. I wanted to enjoy my time with my kids as I knew this would be the last year that they were all three home with me.

On the other hand, I love teaching! It is a big part of who I am. Yes, I used my teaching skills and knowledge with my own children, but I like new challenges, experiences and learning new things. I was thrilled when I heard about something new the West Des Moines School District was offering; a writing enrichment class for West Des Moines home schooled students. I will be will be writing a bit more about this opportunity, things I have taught and learned!

No comments: