Friday, August 22, 2008

Being Green...and a bit frugal!

I am just about done with commercial cleaners. Time and time again, I have heard how they are full of ammonia and bleach which are toxic for people (especially young children) and the environment. It is different how I used to associate the smell of bleach with cleanliness, but now the smell turns my stomach. I am slowly using up my old cleaners and replacing them with homemade recipes that actually work better and are a lot cheaper.

I couldn't believe that these home remedies could work better then their store bought counter parts! Here is what I have tried and I am sticking to it!

Multipurpose Cleaner:
1/2 c. vinegar
1/3 c. rubbing alcohol (use mint or citrus fragrance found at dollar store)

Bathtub:
Sprinkle Borax (I had a huge box leftover when I made flubber with my kids once-now I have a use for it!) or baking soda (with some vinegar sprayed on). Tub will shine and soap scum will be gone!

No comments: