Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kids Eat Free

I love a good deal and when it wraps around one of my favorite things (food!), then I am even more all for it! A fun thing my family and I have been trying this summer is eating dinner out at various restaurants on kids eat free nights. We don’t go out to eat as a family of five very often, but am more inclined when I know there will be other families there with young children. My kids are pretty behaved most of the time, but I don’t have to worry so much about my one year old and his sometimes unruly behavior in a high chair (picture sippy cups flying, food falling, and happy screeches). Other parents there have been there and no one is judging! I think its good to give kids restaurant experiences and the following places have been wonderful and very accomodating!

Some of our favorite Kids Eat Free places:

Saturdays: Zmariks -American Noodle Cafe
Kids eat free on a Saturday?! Normally unheard of for the restaurant biz! This noodle café is a great place to go after the late morning soccer games. Their macaroni is actually really something special. (Add broccoli to it if you are feeling guilty about this no veggie or fruit meal). Their teriyaki bowl is a favorite of mine!

Sundays: Legends American Grill
This place is close to home and can be a little too convenient after a busy weekend. The kids love the chicken fingers, I'm all about the Cobb Salad, and my husband, a cold beer!

Tuesdays: Hy-Vee
The kids meals are actually .99, but they offer a variety of options and I can’t resist their Chinese Express. They usually have a clown entertaining and it is the perfect excuse because I always need to go to the grocery store anyway right?!

Wednesdays: Shane’s Rib Shack:
This place is not only one of my husband’s favorite places, but the kids love it too. They usually have a magician wandering from table to table, doing card tricks and making balloon animals. They like the mac n cheese and cheeseburgers the best (not even trying BBQ! I can attest to the fact that it is pretty darn good)!

Please let me know of other places to try!

No comments: