Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Swim, Bike, Run...and Yoga?!

I love yoga. I love it, love it, love it! Yes, I was apprehensive seven months ago when I first started. Weird visions of meditating (ohmmmmm), standing on my head and snacking on granola afterward kept filtering through my mind. I only gave it a try after I was so sore from my new triathlon training and thought that forcing myself to stretch for an hour under the watchful eye of a buddha-like teacher might be a good cure.

The rest is history. I absolutely go weekly, twice a week if I can. I truly believe that it has kept me from suffering any major strains and tears on my muscles. While it wouldn't put Shawn Johnson to shame, my flexibility and balance that I have gained has been amazing.

Now I find out that I may be on to something. According to this newly released article from Triathlete magazine, yoga should be a new mandatory sport. That is, if you don't mind a lot of deep breathing and a few zen like poses.

No comments: