Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Spending Freeze Update

Yesterday was Day 7 of my self inflicted spending freeze. Due to a salt shortage it was broken and continued to thaw quickly as I ran to the grocery store to restock on fruits and veggies. Milk was more expensive because I purchased soy milk for the first time. We are currently on a trial and error process at our house trying to determine what is causing Lucy's frequent tummy aches. We are cutting out dairy for 2 weeks to see if that will help. Then I had to get the car washed. I wanted to put it off, but it was filthy and I couldn't see out the back window. The kids were walking by the car in the garage and dusting it off with their coats. It was time.
Total Damage: $26.76
Yikes...that was a lot of perishables, but we have been trying to eat more of a variety of fruits and veggies. The kids can't live on raisins now can they?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Just a thought-
The well woman care provider in Des Moines at the Gentle Birth Center that I saw for dairy related problems would tell you to keep milk and all dairy out of her system for 6 weeks. I know it sounds like a pain and maybe a little ridiculous, but that milk protein can hang around in the body for a long time.
Like I said, just a thought. ;-) I hope you figure it out!

Sara said...

thanks, Wendy. There are so many tangents to look at. Is it food? Stress? (she holds herself to a pretty high par). I wish there was any easy answer. This is a daily pain she experiences. ;-(