Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Easy Homemade Frapucinos


I love love love these and have one practically every afternoon when I need a little caffeine and chocolate pick me up. Best of all, they are so customizable! I have been varying it up a bit depending on what I feel like.

Here's the basic recipe. Let me know what you do differently!


*4-6 coffee ice cubes (see below)
1-2 TBSP sugar free Hershey's syrup
1 scoop protein powder (you could make it without, but I love protein powder!)
3/4 c. chocolate soy milk (you can use any kind of milk here, but I love my Silk Chocolate Soy milk!
1/2 c. water or 3-5 more ice cubes. Depending on how thick you want it!

Feel like a mocha? Add peanut butter!
Blend at high speed for a couple of minutes (this is what adds the frothiness that is famous for frappucinos.

Sometimes I freeze it for an hour and then dig in. Yum...just like ice cream!

*I love my coffee in the morning, but one cup is usually enough for me. I have been freezing my leftover coffee in ice cube trays. The frozen cubes are perfect for these frappucinos!

Want other ideas for protein powder? Check out the ideas here, here and here!

No comments: