Thursday, August 6, 2009

Weis Family Survives First Camping Trip: Part 4

Click here for part 1.

After a night of smores, campfire songs and mysterious back jabbing rocks under our tent, it was finally morning. All the kids and Daddy slept until 8 and I enjoyed the peaceful nature of birds chirping and desperately wishing I had a cup of coffee (didn't know how I was going to do that one over hot coals).

We feasted on our brown bears for breakfast and I settled for Diet Mountain Dew for my morning caffeine fix. I don't know if it was that intense sugar rush or the fact that I really wanted to get to my home shower, but I was ready to get this day going. Creek walking was next on our agenda. We had packed water shoes, old clothes and clear cups for the kids to try to catch fish. Yes, there were actual small fish swimming in that clear water....the girls really wanted to catch a "pet" but they were awfully fast.

Hours later, we were back home and left with fun memories and mountains and mountains of laundry for mom to do...

1 comment:

Touch of Pink, House of Blue said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!