Saturday, August 22, 2009

A New Season of Life

The days are getting shorter, crickets are chirping earlier and there is always a morning layer of fog over a favorite lake I run by. Fall is coming. There are also other notable signs. My girls are both in school all day, after school activities have begun and I will resume teaching part time after Labor Day. Our lives will again settle into a routine. Life will continue clipping along.

I always enjoy the start of new seasons. There is a new freshness and feel of opportunity. Similar to our four yearly seasons, I also believe there are seasons in our lives. There are times to try new things and embark on different adventures and other times we need to sit back and take it all in. For example, I would really love to learn how to garden, take a women's self-defense class, write a book, travel the world... We can't do it all-all the time.

This Fall, I will begin working part time for Internet Solver. There have been little seeds planted in my mind the last few months and signs seem to be pointing for me to be involved in our family business. I am excited to enter the business world. Most jobs I have had revolved around kids and teaching. Even though I have a desire to have grown-up lunch plans and coffee meetings, the truth is I love talking to others and learning from them. I have a greater understanding of what Dave is doing with the company and I know I can hit a different target market and add something of value to the business. I love sharing what I have learned with others and look forward to embarking on this new season in my life.

No comments: