Monday, August 17, 2009

Kid's Day at the Weis' Part 1

"Every day is kids day," I remember my parents responding when I asked them why we didn't have a Mother's Day or Father's Day like them. Maybe they were right, but with school starting in a few days, I was having a little guilt.

It has been a busy summer.

We have had an amazingly amount of fun and gotten to do lots of special things that I know they will remember. Honestly though, my kids just love to play. Megan and Lucy are incredibly creative with their play and get along (for the most part) really well. All summer they never really asked to go anywhere; the zoo, library, movies, swimming, parks, ice cream shops, the fair, Adventureland...

As soon as we get home from somewhere, downstairs they rush to their Hogwarts school in the basement or grab their American Girl Dolls and create apartments for them in their closets.

They will soon be in that structured setting of school and won't have the uninterrupted hours of creative play. The remaining hours will be filled with ballet, piano, soccer, spelling words, supper and early bedtimes.

They needed a full uninterrupted day to just play, get messy and go with what their mood strikes. Stay tuned for what Megan and Lucy chose, my ponderings on if its possible for a two year old to independently play (mine doesn't) why the house is in disarray and how I only went semi-bonkers from being home all day....

click here for part 2.

No comments: