Thursday, February 19, 2009

Extreme Spending Freeze?!

My husband passed this article on to me from Fox News about a New Hampshire family.

A family of four in New Hampshire is trying to spend just $1,500 for their groceries, household items and personal care expenses for an entire year

This brought back memories (and shivers) of my January Spending Freeze. Yes, its good to watch what you spend, but you still got to live life. The amount of brain energy spent stockpiling food items, knowing the sale store cycles and analyzing every purchase is draining. Life is short. This family isn't even going to go out to eat until their anniversary in....December?!

Good for them and I wish them the best of luck! I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that others are better at bargain shopping and saving tactics. As for me, I am taking daughter out for her 7th birthday dinner at Joe's Crab Shack (her pick). Do we need to? No, but we are going to enjoy every moment of it and am not going to regret it one bit!

Read more about this NH family here. here.

No comments: