Monday, February 2, 2009

February is Here!

February is big at house and it is always a bit of a fun whirl wind. Lucy turns 5 on the 6th and Megan will be 7 on the 21st. Two big birthdays with Valentine's Day thrown in the week between to make sure we stay on track with all of the cookies, cake and candy.

Is it possible that I am the parent of a seven year old? Sometimes I still remember being 7 myself. Wanting to get my ears pierced (Megan does), selling Camp Fire Candy (Girl Scout Cookies for her), starting piano lessons, reading Ramona Quimby and thinking it is hysterical and just being a little more wise about the world.

Sometime the past few weeks, Megan has heard about Golden Birthdays. (Mine was when I turned 9 on Dec. 9th, Lucy's will be when she's 6 on Feb. 6th). Megan wanted to get hers all planned out and asked if we could go to Joe's Crab Shack on her Golden Birthday.

Dave and I smiled at each other thinking "that is probably not going to happen." When Megan is 21 on the 21st, her choice will probably not be Joe's Crab Shack...as much as we wish it were. ;-)

No comments: