Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Something New to Exercise

For several years, FSB Associates (a book marketing business headquartered in NYC) has been gracious to send me books to review and place on my Sara Says book review site. I love reading the variety of books and tossing in my own two cents worth on these books.


Someday I would love to be in some of these new and experienced author’s shoes and have published books out there for others to read and review. I try to keep that in mind with these books and know that someday time will allow me to start working on this goal.


To see the latest Sara Says review look below or to sread how Sara Says got started seven (7!) years ago click here,


Strength training. Interval training. Brain training! Studies have shown that aging causes your brain to deteriorate. This is not a news flash to any of us, but what I learned is that math calculations and reading aloud are the two most beneficial things you can do to keep your brain healthy and alert. I could read aloud all day to anyone who would listen, but as anyone who knows me, would not be surprised that I would rather do laundry (which I detest) or shell beans over sitting down and completing math problems every day.

Here is the solution! Train Your Brain: 60 Days to a Better Brain by Dr. Kawashima. This book is actually fun and is filled with daily mental exercises, self-tests and a personal logbook to track progress. I have actually been keeping this book in the car while I am waiting to pick up my daughters from school. They could even be completed during commercial breaks of American Idol or The Bachelor! Of course, I still enjoy the language and word memorization tests more than the math, but we got to sharpen all areas of our brain, eh?

No comments: