Monday, February 9, 2009

Yoga...Me?!

Always being always up for trying something new, yoga has somehow crept into my life. I know it has become more mainstream and doesn't have that tree hugging, tofu eating and barefoot baring connotation anymore, but it is still something that took awhile for me to try. It is just me with my thinking of sweat equaling a good workout. How can stretching and holding poses really do anything that great for my body?

Well it can. I am not going to go as far to say that I can't live without my weekly yoga class or that it is the best thing since sliced bread, but I am going to say that there is something mental and physical about it that keeps me coming back for me.

The timing of the yoga class I attend is perfect for me. Sundays at 5 pm. Right at the end of a long week and following my tough tri group training class at 3, I have found it to be something I look forward to.

Where else can I learn so many new fun terms such as child's pose and down dog?

No comments: