Friday, October 15, 2010

Make Each Moment Count


Look what we found on a family walk out of town! A hopscotch painted on the sidewalk. Naturally, we had to let the kids jump right in!


We are all busy throughout the day, but one thing I have been working at is to make make an active effort to "be present" when I am with my kids. It can be easy to tune out as they are explaining in great detail where each Silly Bandz came from or an exact verbal layout of what is on their playground at school, but I realize how limited our time really is together. If time is short, it is all the more important to make the most of what you have.

I really do miss my kids when I am teaching or doing other things and am always absolutely in awe of how fast the days and weeks fly by. I absolutely can't wait to pick up my daughters at school. I love bringing them home, giving them a good snack and hearing all about their days. It is really one of the most enjoyable half hours of my day.

From there the day marches on with homework, chores and various activities, but we all had a reconnection time which everyone was an active part in.

No comments: