Tuesday, October 19, 2010

25 Grocery Shopping Secrets


Take a look and see if you learn something new!

I agree with almost all and was happy to have more validation with#5 (Beat the Breakfast Blues). I am fortunate to be home with my kids most mornings and we usually have eggs/toast or oatmeal. I have found that it is generally more filling for them the cereal/PB toast routine they have on the mornings I teach.

Come to find out that by eating eggs, not only are they getting a more nutritious start to their day, but it is also 3x less expensive then cereal. Never looked at it at the way, but its nice to know that this particular "whole" food is less expensive then the processed.

Now, if only I can get them to love #25 (lentils). I even tried them BBQ style on Sunday and made them similar to a BBQ sandwich. Well...evidently not similar enough yet, but I am not giving up. I love 'em! Check out other grocery shopping secrets and surprises here.

No comments: