Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lucy and Megan on Channel 13


Channel 13 interviewed my daughters about the Hy-Vee Kid Triathlon last night before the race. I am not sure how long it will be up, but here is the link. Scroll down to the middle of the first page where it says "Kiddie Triathlon." Its a two minute video.

By the way, they did great this morning and blew my socks off with their endurance with walking two miles to the start, mass confusion with body markings, chip timing, and precise bike placement (for kids??!!).

They both ended with huge smiles on their faces and medals around their neck placed by their own hero, Shawn Johnson.

I am so jealous that they are done with it! Lucy and Megan celebrated their triathlete TV status by eating their giant cookies they won in the cookie walk. They are now normal kids again and are currently playing Harry Potter in the living room. This time tomorrow, it will be me eating the giant cookie. ;-)

No comments: