Sunday, November 9, 2008

Striving for Simplicity



No, I am not packing up to move to an Amish community, but I am actually thankful that daylight savings time is here. When it gets dark at 5 pm, it is so much easier to hole up at home and not be out and about. I am tired of the rush from day to day things. Life is already busy with three young children, but I am beginning to evaluate exactly what we need to have in our life. Yes, I love my children having varied experiences and I don’t feel my children are over- scheduled, but where is the time for sitting on the floor and playing a game together? What about just laying on the carpet in the living room after supper and having tickle time? Where is the downtime for those impromptu experiences that create lasting memories that are much more important than getting to gymnastics class on time?

click here to read Part 2.


No comments: