Sunday, November 30, 2008

Reading=Coffee

Ahh....two of my favorite things. What about getting the books for free and the Starbucks coffee? Too good to be true? Readerspoils is offering free Starbucks gift cards to anyone that reads and reviews the books that are sent to them. Their reasoning is that with so many self published authors out there, books get written, not read by anyone other then grandma and then these books become forgotten.

This is totally sad fate for a book someone has put their heart and soul into writing. I can see how this would happen and I take pity on these authors as I know one of my goals is to someday be published.

I have tried to do my part and for six years, I have had my book review site, Sara Says. I don't update it anymore like I should, but over the years I have received hundreds of dollars of free books and Amazon gift cards. Publishers would send me their books, I would read review the books, post the reviews on my site and would earn the amazon gift cards. Since I got the say in what I wanted to review, I accumulated many many many books on pregnancy, parenting, teaching, and healthy living. I then could pass these books on to my friends. Its fun and I still have some publishers that send me their books, but this new idea from reader spoils may be worth looking into and could be kind of fun!

1 comment:

tacrolimus ointment 0.03 said...

I am so very grateful for your time.Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.