Monday, November 17, 2008

Striving for Simplicity: Part 4

To read my other Striving for Simplicity blog entries; click here

Shopping=One

This does not indicate shopping only for myself or by myself (even though that is certainly more enjoyable then totting busy 18 month old Max along). This instead means shopping only one day per week.

You can see why this may be a quandary. I live in the suburbs. Everything is nearby and easily accessible. It is too easy to swing by the grocery store to grab supper or stop by Target for some serious perusal. Therefore, the proximity of the stores is contributing to the problem, not the solution. If I do all my shopping in one day, then I am finished. No need to think, conteplate my strategy or plan on when I can go. I can spend that extra time on more important matters.

I seriously don't know if it can be done. There are so many times I run out of bread before milk, the veggies are gone for tonight's stir fry or that sale is good for only that one day. I am not going to starve my family or put myself into an inflexible box. It won't be easy, but I am going to give it an honest try.

The timing could be on my side, with a cold Iowa winter upon us. I'll keep you posted....

No comments: