Monday, August 22, 2011

Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles

I have a new addiction with these whole wheat waffles and think I could probably eat these every day. They are super easy, freeze well and reheat beautifully in a toaster for quick those quick breakfast needs.

Whole Wheat Waffles

1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 TBSP sugar (I use organic)
1 TBSP baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 c. milk (We aren't huge milk drinkers so I use 1/2 milk and 1/2 water)
1/2 c. oil (can also use half that oil and half applesauce)
1 tsp vanilla

I usually triple this recipe. That may seem like a lot, but then I freeze them in fours in zip lock baggies and they can be popped right in the toaster while they are frozen.

The kids eat them with maple syrup and strawberries, but I usually add some of my favorite chocolate protein powder on top. Something about the syrup, chocolate & strawberries over these waffles makes it the main thing I am thinking about as I complete my morning workout.

No comments: