Saturday, January 16, 2010

No....they aren't starving!

I got a phone call from mom this week and after discussing this, that and everything in between, came the concerned and wondering question of if my children were... hungry. My mom is pretty quick and knows how my children don't embrace different foods too readily. I reassured her that it wasn't just new foods I was giving them, but all the usuals too. Pretty much every meal we eat as a family includes all of the food groups. I am pretty big on that, but am also big on the fact that I am tired of the basic carrot sticks, apples and bananas. Bottom line: these kids need to expand their palettes. Here are a few more foods this month that we have tried;

Rice Milk (huge frowns from the girls, Max guzzled it like a pro)
Quinoa
honeydew melon
Garbanzo beans
Monterrey Jack Cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Hot Chili Powder
Cauliflower
Summer Squash
Salsa
Sun Dried Tomatoes

As I was doing my menu planning for the week, Megan suggested sardines. Maybe she is coming around...


In case you are wondering; Sardines did not make it onto the grocery list. Never. Ever.

No comments: