Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year=New Foods!

Hello 2010, Good-bye Food Rut!

Provisions have been purchased and the pantry and fridge are stocked. The 2010 New Year=New Food challenge is underway for the Weis Family! Every day we will try a new food that has already been recorded on our 2010 calendar. There is room for each child to "vote" or give their opinions on each new food selection via a smiley face, straight face or frown face.

For further information on why we are doing this and our few guidelines, please read here.

To kick off our first week of January here is a list of the new foods we are trying!

Cranberries
Mushrooms
Tomato
Swiss Cheese
Couscous
Onion
Green Pepper
Sunflower seeds

As I make out this list, I realize that this will be a little more difficult then I originally thought. While I already try to menu plan, this will really force me to think ahead for my once a week grocery shopping trip (which is one of my personal goals).

I do think this will be lots of fun and force us to be more adventurous with our food choices. It will definitely be a learning experience!

1 comment:

Touch of Pink, House of Blue said...

That's a great plan! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!