Monday, January 5, 2009

Big goals for 2009

I have thought about it, contemplated and yammered enough about it. Finally I am going to do it. I've already signed up so there is no turning back. What is it? A triathlon. Particularly The Hy-Vee Triathlon in Des Moines June 27th and 28th. Heck, my six year old daughter did the kids one last summer and that seemed like a big distance to me. Check Megan out below looking like a little Olympian.

I'm excited and its refreshing to try new things. But, I am also nervous because it is also scary to try new things. I am doing a training program at my gym and it started today. I did a 40 minute bike and immediately hopped on the treadmill to run for 15 minutes. For me doing those two activities isolated is a breeze. No problem whatsoever. Performing them back to back? A whole different story. Different muscles are in engaged so my legs during that measly 15 minute run felt heavy and weird. Sort of like bricks. Did you know that its called when you do back to back trainings; a brick? It all makes sense to me know.

Oh, the things I am going to learn!


No comments: