Monday, August 11, 2008

Restaurant Week in Des Moines!


Look out New York City! West Des Moines is on the cutting edge too! A few years ago, my husband and I went to New York during the last week of June, which happened to be Restaurant Week. For a set price we were able to enjoy three course meals at many fine restaurants that we normally wouldn't be able to afford. There is something to be said of dining in New York with a server standing directly behind you, catering to needs I didn't even know I had. Thank goodness for the fancy brush meant to take care of a tiny speck of dirt on my white tablecloth! It was a really neat experience.

Now August 16-24, there are 33 featured Des Moines restaurants where a prix-fix menu of 20.08 can be enjoyed. Diners can either have two lunches for that price or one dinner. I can't decide to go with some of my favorites like Gateway Market and Johnny's Italian Steakhouse or try some places we have been meaning to get to forever like Trostels Greenbriar and Splash. What about the new downtown wine bar called Sbrocco? Way to go Des Moines for trying something new. Now about finding some babysitters so we can really enjoy the meal...

2 comments:

Out of Box, LLC said...

Do you know if there is a website that has this information on it?

Sara said...

You can find a nice detailed list here:
http://www.seedesmoines.com/